Announcement June 2015
Dual IAWP Scholarship Recipients for 2015
Assistant Superintendent Additional Superintendent
Deemathi Periyapperuma Victoria Yengkhom
Sri Lanka Police Manipur Police Department, India
Read about these two outstanding officers on the IAWP 2015 Scholarship page
IAWP NEWS UPDATE FOR MEMBERS
Dear IAWP Members
See UPDATE below in RED:
There are two important updates for your information. Please read below.
2015 ELECTION BALLOTS WERE MAILED BY U.S. POSTAL SERVICE TO MEMBERS ELIGIBLE TO VOTE
The 2015 Election package was mailed. As in previous elections, please read the instructions included with your election package. There is one addition to the instructions - the label printed with the word “Ballot” was left out of the package. Therefore, please print the word “Ballot” on a blank envelope: Mark that envelope with ballot and place in the return envelope.
NEW INSTRUCTION: PLEASE write USA on the envelope being returned to the Election Chair, Pat Correa.
We just received a message from a member that her postal service wanted the country indicated on the envelope. If you will write USA, your postal service should have no issue in accepting the mailing.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
In accordance with the IAWP Constitution, Article IV, Paragraph 7., the Annual General Meeting of Members will take place Wednesday, 26th August 2015, at 2:15pm in the Novello Suite, Motorpoint Arena, Mary Ann Street, Cardiff CF10 2EQ Wales. All IAWP Members in good standing are invited to attend this important meeting.
The formal 2015 Annual General Meeting notice is included in the mailing above.
IAWP Member Broadcast June 2, 2015
TO OUR LAW ENFORCEMENT COLLEAGUES
In honor of its centennial year (1915-2015), the International Association of Women Police is offering NEW memberships as a BUY ONE YEAR, GET ONE YEAR FREE to the first 1,915 individuals!
A Centenary Membership will cost just
$25 for a two-year membership for developing countries (vs. $40 now for a 2-year membership) ,and
$40 for a two-year membership for all other countries (vs. $70 now for a 2-year membership).
Centenary Memberships will have full member rights and privileges in the IAWP.
Membership renewals are not eligible and are excluded from this offer. The offer is valid February 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015.
Tell your colleagues to go to www.iawp.org on February 1, 2015, and click the link at the top right to join and pay. (Or, you can click the link at the top to join.)
Please widely share this notice.
HAPPY 100 YEARS TO THE IAWP!
Book your place on the IAWP 2015 training conference,
23 – 27 August 2015
Seeking Bids for the IAWP 2018 Annual Training Conference. Contact Sue Bill, IAWP Conference Liaison today!
The International Association of Women Police has so much to offer you. Join us by signing up today!
- WomenPolice Magazine published four times a year. Specialized sections for the lives of female police officers.
- Direct notification to members on matters of interest. Everything from training opportunities to job announcements.
- An international network of women police.
- Annual training event at a reduced fee for IAWP members. The IAWP Annual Training Conferences consistently win high praise for quality and satisfaction.
- Opportunities to volunteer on governance and guidance committees for an international organization.
- Reduced price offers from commercial providers and partners.
- Lifelong associates and professional affiliations with female officers at all levels of responsibilities.
- Access to a global network of career police women as well as supporters and partners.
- Members-only material such as the IAWP Regional Reports, discussion board and similar.
2015 Centennial. Celebrating 100 years. The historic memorabilia will no longer be available after 2015. Be a part of history of the International Association of Women Police.
Buy Your Commemorative Coin Now!
IAWP Involved and Doing Its Part. View Resolutions Here.
IAWP Region 19 needs a Regional Coordinator. Contact any current Regional Coordinator for details and assistance with submitting a request for consideration.
IAWP Members receive WomenPolice Magazine delivered right to their door, or, members can read the online version.
Subscriptions as a gift for yourself or others are also available. Go the Join section to order.